BREAK SINGLE-USE PLASTIC HABIT
What can you do without? It will make a difference.
Single-use plastic is the largest contributor of marine debris around the globe. Make a conscious effort to curb your use of single-use plastics and Styrofoam by committing to the following:
- Use reusable straws, bags, cutlery, and cups whenever possible.
- Limit your delivery of take-out food and (when safe) eat in the restaurant instead.
- Don’t bring single-use plastics with you to the beach.
- Bring a garbage bag or bucket that you can use to collect beach litter and bring it home for proper disposal.
- Never release balloons into the air—they come down eventually and can kill wildlife.