Best Available Data on Long Island Sound
Save the Sound works to include the most reliable and comprehensive data available in this website. We will continue to update the existing datasets and add new ones to more fully tell the story of the health of Long Island Sound.
Current Data Sets
The data displayed on this website today has been collected from the following sources:
- Beach Sampling Data:
- Watershed and Subwatershed boundaries:
- The Watershed Boundary Dataset is being developed under the leadership of the Subcommittee on Spatial Water Data, which is part of the Advisory Committee on Water Information (ACWI) and the Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC). The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), along with many other federal agencies and national associations, have representatives on the Subcommittee on Spatial Water Data.
- Boat Launch Sites:
- Land Use & Land Cover:
- CLEAR (Center for Land Use Education and Research); University of Connecticut, Middlesex County Extension Center
- Wastewater Treatment Plants:
- Combined Sewer Overflow Outfalls:
- Precipitation Data: